Operator Meritorious Service
3.9. OPERATOR’S MERITORIOUS SERVICE AWARD
A. PURPOSE OF THE AWARD: Recognition of special performance in one or more of the following:
1. Continuous compliance with public health standards in finished water.
2. Consistent and outstanding contributions to plant maintenance thereby prolonging the useful life of equipment.
3. Development of new and/or modified equipment or significant process modifications to provide for a more efficient or effective treatment.
4. Special efforts in the training of treatment plant operators.
5. Special acts not directly related to water treatment, but which demonstrate dedication to the public beyond the normal operating responsibilities.
6. Consistent and outstanding contribution to operation and/or maintenance of distribution lines and reservoirs.
B. THE AWARD: An Operators’ Meritorious Service Award Plaque.
C. FREQUENCY OF THE AWARD: No more than one award will normally be given each year per Section. However, larger Sections may give more than one based on one award per thousand Section members or fraction thereof. If there are no meritorious candidates, the Section will not give the award.
D. ELIGIBILITY FOR THE AWARD: Section members eligible to receive the Operator’s Meritorious Service Award should be operators who are presently or during the time period of the meritorious service activities, working in the capacity of shift supervisors or superintendents.
E. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Submit full name and address and complete biographical information on each nominee on the entry form provided by AWWA along with supporting data concerning the meritorious service performed by the nominee.
F. NOMINATION PROCEDURES: A nomination for the award may be submitted by any AWWA Section member to the Section Secretary who will transmit it to the Section Operator’s Meritorious Service Award Committee for consideration.
G. NOMINATION OR SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Ninety (90) days prior to the Section’s Annual Conference.
H. STRUCTURE: The committee shall consist of a chair, appointed by the Section Chair, and two (2) additional members with special knowledge of water production, treatment, and distribution operations.
I. METHOD OF SELECTING AWARD RECIPIENTS: The Section Secretary will refer all nominations to the Section Operator’s Meritorious Award Committee for consideration and evaluation, and if warranted, the committee will select the awardee sixty (60) days before the Section’s Annual Conference.
J. PRESENTATION OF THE AWARD: The award will be presented at the Section’s Annual Conference by the visiting AWWA representative and will be formally announced by publication or otherwise at the American Water Works Association Conference and Exposition.
ENTRY FORM SUBMIT TO SECTION SECRETARY
AWWA OPERATOR’S MERITORIOUS SERVICE AWARD
Deadline for Submission______________________
1. Nominee Utility
Time Period of Meritorious Service:_____________
Phone Number: ( _____)Phone Number: ( _____)
2. Eligibility: Please note the area(s) of the nominee’s accomplishments:
a. Continuous compliance with public health standards in finished water.______
b. Consistent and outstanding contribution to plant maintenance thereby
prolonging the useful life of equipment.________________________________
c. The development of new and/or modified equipment or significant process
modifications to provide for a more efficient or effective treatment.__________
d. Special efforts in the training of treatment plant operators.______________
e. Special acts not directly related to water treatment, but which demon-
strate dedication to the public beyond the normal operating responsibilities._____
f. Consistent and outstanding contribution to operation and/or maintenance
of distribution lines, pump stations and reservoirs.________________________
3. Justification: Please note the nominee’s accomplishments which entitle him to receive this award:_______________________________________________________________
4. Biographical Data: Please complete the Biographical Data Form on the back of this sheet.
5. Citation: Please provide recommended citation of 50 words or less:
Submitted by: ___________________________________
Name (please print) Date
Mailing Address: _________________________________
Phone No.:( ______________)
(Attach Additional Sheets as Required)
(Print Clearly or Type)
a. Brief employment history:
b. Civic organization memberships (Lions, Kiwanis, school board, etc.)________
c. Year joined AWWA________and offices held (indicate whether Section or
Association level): _____________________________________________________
d. Professional organization memberships: ________________________________
e. College(s) _________________________________________________________
________________________________________ & Year______________________
f. Publications - List three major publications:
(Attach additional information as necessary)